What is better than something that is simple, quick and easy to cook, when you have little time on your hands? I know, I know we all have as much time as we give ourselves. Let me be honest, I tend to cook really simple things because they can be transformed into many dishes. A soft poached egg is one of my favourites. I mainly enjoy it soft poached because I enjoy egg porn. Yes, there is such thing as food porn everyone, it’s when your mouth drools over food, and i’m a sucker for it!
Back to the soft poached egg…..you can poach any way you like it, really just depends on how long you cook it for. Simple! Enjoy!
4 Cups Water
1 Tbsp White vinegar
2. While the water is coming to a simmer, crack your egg in a small bowl and keep on the side
3. When has come to a simmer, add the vinegar and stir the water.
4. Using a whisk, gently create a tornado in the middle of the pot ( cool right!! okay i’m just lame). Tip the egg from the bowl ever so slightly into the tornado and watch as it wraps its self up into a little poaching egg.
5. After 4 minutes of cooking, using a slotted spoon to remove the egg.
6. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper!
Ready in: 15 Minutes