It’s just the perfect combination of flavours. This really takes your taste buds on a rollercoaster ride, the best one ever ofcourse. I made these the other day and I can’t begin to explain how delicious they were, and living in a house with girls who love candied bacon, we were loving it.
I saw a recipe online: http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2013/03/28/sriracha-spiced-bacon/
I tweeked it a little. I was too lazy to go to the market and get thick cut bacon so I just used what was easily accessible. Schneiders worked well! But you can see my measurements below of what I used interms of spice etc. I omitted Cinnamon too because, well, I just felt like it.
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cut Hot Sauce of choice
2. Mix together the sugar and chill sauce.
3. Cover a baking tray with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Coat the rack with a bit of oil to prevent the gooey bacon from sticking.
4. Take each piece of bacon and rub the sugar and spice mixture on one side. Place the side without the sugar on the rack. Continue for all the bacon.
5. Cook for 10 minutes until it’s getting sticky. Take out of the oven and flip the bacon. Coat the bare side with the sugar spice mixture carefully with a spoon.
6. Put back in the oven for another 10-12 minutes. Bacon will be come harder and gooey and the sugar will become chewy.
7. If you like it really crispy, keep it in the oven for an additional two minutes under broil. Keep a close eye as this can burn very quickly . The bacon will harden and come together as it hardens.
8. Let the bacon cool on the rack and then transfer to an airtight container lined with wax paper.
Course : Appetizer, Snack
Ingredient : Bacon