Today is the kind of day I believe many of us crave a warm and hearty soup. With bone chilling weather at -20, feels like -36 with the windchill all I can do is dream of sitting with a big bowl of this sweet potato, sausage and kale soup. First off, it warms you right up and fills you right up. Second off, it just tastes amazing for how simple it is!
Make it for your family and friends or just yourself, and it will be a hit.
1 bunch Kale, stems removed, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Small Red Onion, diced
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 can Canellini Beans
1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 Large Sweet Potato, cut into 1″ cubes
4 cups Chicken Stock
2 cups Water
1 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp Light Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan to garnish
2. Sautéed diced onions until transparent. About 5-7 minutes
3. Add two minced gloves of garlic to the onions and sauté! Your kitchen smells wonderful now. You’re welcome. Now take 4 Italian sausages (you can substitute for turkey or chicken) and take out of it’s casing. Stir and break apart sausage into bite size pieces.
4. -Brown on all sides (approx 5 mins). Sprinkle 1 tsp dried oregano.
5. Add cubed sweet potatoes (1inch thick) and pour in the chicken stock and water.
6. Add in one can of diced tomatoes. Bring soup to a boil.
7. Add in chopped kale and canellini beans and mushrooms.
8. Lower to medium and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
9. Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan. Enjoy!
Course : Entree, Soup
Recipe Type : Dinner, Lunch
Ingredient : Beans, Kale, Sausage, Sweet Potato